Monday, June 9, 2014

"Carmine Red Metallic"

Journey
In a Monte Carlo.
Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'
A doomed yet historic love.

Wet passenger side seat.
Throes of passion meet.
Burnt orange Texas Tennessee blend.
Rock the house down BLM.

Killeen Texas gal,
20 years ahead of the Tennessee.
I miss you every day,
I miss you and I miss your sting.

Riding together in a Monte Carlo,
Heading to your home,
Mother's inspection of shirt tuck.
Brenda's ire of you, lovestruck.

Do you ever talk to Felicia?
Of base dances, the gender men?
Do her letters still peregrinate
Edifices longing for satisfaction?

Our song was ‘Hot Blooded'
Yet Steve Perry intervened;
Event horizon the Rape of the Lock.
All things lost, all in between, and all of us.

I love you Beverly,
I lost you and love you still.
The dust of dreams cast bitter wayfarers
In this land of Nod, yet I abide alone, anon.

No comments: