Sunday, September 30, 2012

“Zed”


The Canadians have a different word for zero,
ZEDzedzedzedzedzedzedzed.
Now tell me Ted would you use zed in a sentence
If Lisbeth would wink back at you?

I saw zed one time, on the blue
Lining on my cold weather sleeping bag/
Floor bed combo for dates not rating a
Drive-In visit or trip to the ominous “knobs.”

Never doubt the veracity of scotch tape
Sticking over key-holes, OR
The definition of NO when considered as
A request rather than a demand.

“I leave judgment to the Judge and
Silence to the silenced.”
Zedzedzedzedzedzedzed.
Leavened bread and flesh fish
Freshed to the hungry Hungary mob.

Forgive me sweet beaver of Texas!
Won ton ton and the grape ape freshness
Demands a confession with no regression,
No altered state or sense of weight
For never ending a sentence with a preposition.

No comments: